Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Giving Up The Gun

There is nothing worse than getting a song stuck in your head for days. That being said, I do believe that there are exceptions to everything.

I've been a fan of Vampire Weekend since they first came on to the scene a few years back. (In fact, I listened to their self-titled debut so much when I lived in NYC, that their music makes me nostalgic for the Big Apple.) There is a certain quirky, playful, sound that they possess that I can't get enough of. At one point or another, I've had almost every one of their songs stuck in my head and I'm not bothered in the least.

While my personal favorite off their new CD is "White Sky", I have a whole new love for "Giving Up the Gun" after watching their music video. The celebrity cameos are hysterical but the shining star is the cute ginger. She makes me want to put on a cute tennis outfit and kick some Joe Jonas ass. See for yourself.